The Covered Bridges
Continuing on from the Petite France area we come to the Covered Bridges. These have kept their name despite the fact that they lost their roofs back on the 18th century. They are overlooked by three towers dating from the 13th century, which are the remains of the former ramparts that once guaranteed the independence of the former Strasbourg Republic. Immediately after the absorption of Strasbourg by France in 1681, a new ring of fortifications was built here by Vauban.
Public transportLigne B, F - Arrêt : Alt Winmärik Type of placeMonument, remarkable house