A place of education in European citizenship open to all, the vocation of the Lieu d’Europe is to make Europe known to citizens and to strengthen their feeling of belonging to a community of values.
Endowed with a permanent exhibition, a resource centre coordinated by the Information Centre on European Institutions and meeting and discussion rooms, the Lieu d’Europe’s mission is to:
- Inform the general public on institutions, the history of Europe and its close links with the history of Strasbourg, together with European news,
- Promote construction of European citizenship and stimulate exchanges of ideas and debate,
- Bring citizens closer to European institutions,
- Explain and share values of democracy, peace and human rights,
- Make the wealth and cultural diversity of the different European countries known to all.
Due to the health situation, the visitor centre of the Strasbourg Tourist Office is currently closed.
However, you can still reach our staff by email: [email protected] from Monday to Friday.
The whole team is looking forward to welcoming you again from May 19th.