A place of education in European citizenship open to all, the vocation of the Lieu d’Europe is to make Europe known to citizens and to strengthen their feeling of belonging to a community of values.
Endowed with a permanent exhibition, a resource centre coordinated by the Information Centre on European Institutions and meeting and discussion rooms, the Lieu d’Europe’s mission is to:
- Inform the general public on institutions, the history of Europe and its close links with the history of Strasbourg, together with European news,
- Promote construction of European citizenship and stimulate exchanges of ideas and debate,
- Bring citizens closer to European institutions,
- Explain and share values of democracy, peace and human rights,
- Make the wealth and cultural diversity of the different European countries known to all.
|Type of place|