Continuing on from the Petite France area we come to the Covered Bridges. These have kept their name despite the fact that they lost their roofs back on the 18th century. They are overlooked by four towers dating from the 14th century, which are the remains of the former ramparts that once guaranteed the independence of the former Strasbourg Republic. Immediately after the absorption of Strasbourg by France in 1681, a new ring of fortifications was built here by Vauban.
|Type of place|
Due to the the coronavirus epidemic, all “places receiving public not indispensable to the life of the country” are closed until further notice.
The welcome desk of theTourist Office of Strasbourg is one of them.
However, we can still be reached by email: [email protected].