The Chamber of Commerce and Industry
The Neubau, was built in 1585 to house the city's administrative services, and is the oldest Renaissance building in Strasbourg. Its Classical-style 16th century facade rises up over 3 levels, decorated by Greek-style columns.
After the destruction in 1781 of the Pfalz, the former headquarters of the Magistrate and the Councils, the Neubau became the City Hall for a short period. Devastated by the revolutionaries in 1793, it became the Chamber of Commerce in 1808.
Type of placeMonument, remarkable house