Villa Schmidt

  • Villa Schmidt

    Considered a shining example of a lavishlydesigned residence of the upper bourgeoisie at the dawn of the 20th century, it came as no surprise when Villa Schmidt was proclaimed a monument by the State Monument Office. Constructed in 1914 on the plinth of part of the former railway-bridge fortification following the design by architects Mahr and Markwort, it served as a residential home for the family of Ludwig and Agnes Schmidt (née Trick) until 1944. Ludwig Trick was one of three managers of the Trick pulp mill. Between 1945 and 1992 Villa Schmidt housed the headquarters of the French military administration; today it houses a restaurant.

    • Monument, remarkable house

    To be found in the gallery

  • Location

  • Picture gallery

Villa Schmidt
12 Ludwig-Trick-Straße
D-77694 Kehl
+49 (0)7851 8866779

Contact