The Neubau, was built in 1585 to house the city's administrative services, and is the oldest Renaissance building in Strasbourg. Its Classical-style 16th century facade rises up over 3 levels, decorated by Greek-style columns.
After the destruction in 1781 of the Pfalz, the former headquarters of the Magistrate and the Councils, the Neubau became the City Hall for a short period. Devastated by the revolutionaries in 1793, it became the Chamber of Commerce in 1808.
Due to the the coronavirus epidemic, all “places receiving public not indispensable to the life of the country” are closed until further notice.
The welcome desk of theTourist Office of Strasbourg is one of them.
However, we can still be reached by email: [email protected].